We booked our first flight yesterday! We found a great deal on a quick jaunt to New York City to visit some very good friends of ours. Official Departure Date: February, 2nd 2013!
I realize my last post ended with me saying the next post would primarily focus on the cost of the trip, and how we are able to afford such a venture. As I thought more about it I decided that there are so many things I need to take on the trip and am worried about them fitting and possibly forgetting something, so I thought I would put together a preliminary packing list so everyone can see the multitude of items we will be taking. Also I selfishly would like to get my preliminary list out of my head and onto paper (so to speak). Once we get closer to leaving I will post a final detailed list with photos of everything laid out.
So here goes:
· Osprey Atmos 50 backpack for all the gear
· Large duffel for keep the pack safe during air travel
· Small (lightweight, of course) daypack for daily trips and carry on items
· Several pairs of boxers and socks
· 2 Pairs of Mountain Hardwear- Rifugio lightweight :) pants
· 1 Pair of EMS zip off pants
· 1 Pair of jeans
· 2 Pairs shorts
· 2 Board shorts
· 5 T-shirts (approx.)
· 2 Long Sleeve T-shirts/ Henley’s
· 1 1/4 Zip Fleece
· 1 Rain jacket (one of my favorite things made by Marmot!)
· 1 Pair sunglasses (ALWAYS forget these)
· 1 Pair of Keens
· 1 Pair of Merrell lightweight hikers
· 1 Pair of Teva flippy floppies
· Miscellaneous SCUBA/ Snorkel Gear (Mask, Snorkel, Neoprene Gloves, Neoprene Hood)
· Canon Rebel DSLR and several large capacity (!!!) memory cards
· Canon Elph for those spur of the moment shots you don’t want to miss
· Lightweight HP Laptop
· External hard drive for the laptop
· Apple iPad (still unsure about taking this)
· Apple iPhone primarily for emergencies
· All the necessary documents (Passport, Visa’s, confirmations for bookings made prior to departure.
· Sketch book (Landscape Architects cannot travel without one of these!)
That’s really all I have for now, I am sure this list will develop over time.
I can’t believe Monday is Christmas already! I love this time of year, but it sure sneaks up fast! I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!