Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Making a List...Checking It Twice!

Happy Holidays All! 

Quick Update: 
We booked our first flight yesterday!  We found a great deal on a quick jaunt to New York City to visit some very good friends of ours.  Official Departure Date:  February, 2nd 2013! 

I realize my last post ended with me saying the next post would primarily focus on the cost of the trip, and how we are able to afford such a venture.  As I thought more about it I decided that there are so many things I need to take on the trip and am worried about them fitting and possibly forgetting something, so I thought I would put together a preliminary packing list so everyone can see the multitude of items we will be taking.  Also I selfishly would like to get my preliminary list out of my head and onto paper (so to speak).  Once we get closer to leaving I will post a final detailed list with photos of everything laid out.

So here goes:


·         Osprey Atmos 50 backpack for all the gear
·         Large duffel for keep the pack safe during air travel
·         Small (lightweight, of course) daypack for daily trips and carry on items

·         Several pairs of boxers and socks
·         2 Pairs of Mountain Hardwear- Rifugio lightweight :) pants
·         1 Pair of EMS zip off pants
·         1 Pair of jeans
·         2 Pairs shorts
·         2 Board shorts
·         5 T-shirts (approx.)
·         2 Long Sleeve T-shirts/ Henley’s
·         1 1/4 Zip Fleece
·         1 Rain jacket (one of my favorite things made by Marmot!)
·         1 Pair sunglasses (ALWAYS forget these)

·         1 Pair of Keens
·         1 Pair of Merrell lightweight hikers
·         1 Pair of Teva flippy floppies

·         Toiletries


·         Miscellaneous SCUBA/ Snorkel Gear (Mask, Snorkel, Neoprene Gloves, Neoprene Hood)

·         Canon Rebel DSLR and several large capacity (!!!) memory cards
·         Canon Elph for those spur of the moment shots you don’t want to miss

·         Lightweight HP Laptop
·         External hard drive for the laptop
·         Apple iPad (still unsure about taking this)
·         Apple iPhone primarily for emergencies


·         All the necessary documents (Passport, Visa’s, confirmations for bookings made prior to departure.
·         Sketch book (Landscape Architects cannot travel without one of these!)

That’s really all I have for now, I am sure this list will develop over time. 

I can’t believe Monday is Christmas already!  I love this time of year, but it sure sneaks up fast!  I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment